4 Powerful Tools for China Supplier Verification
1 Supplier/factory visit
The most obvious is to pay them a visit. Is it one guy in an apartment? Is it a sizeable manufacturing operation? Interestingly, one can make an educated guess by announcing an upcoming visit and reading their reaction. A legitimate supplier will welcome the visit, while a scammer will look for ways to avoid it.
If you can’t make a visit yourself, many quality assurance agencies can do this for you. They allow you to know:
- Where are they? What does the building etc. look like? How many people work there?
- Do they usually make the type of products you are buying, or something totally different?
- What processes do they do in house?
- Can they show official business licences and other official documents? Do they match with the company name they show in their email signature?
2 Factory audit
This type of service is more expensive than the simple factory visit. It is quite useful for evaluating a large factory, but can be overkill for a small operation.
3 Background check
Several official pieces of information can be retrieved on the internet:
- Official registrations (in Chinese)
- Various online sources (buyers can usually do this by googling the company name, the mobile phone number, etc.)
4 Credit rating
Factory bankruptcies are getting more and more common, it seems. You might do business with a legitimate company that “goes under” just as they finished your production. Guess what? You will likely never see your products.
It is quite difficult to get a Chinese company’s financial statements. However, it is possible to buy a credit rating report in order to evaluate the financial risk associated with a certain company.
China furniture sourcing agent, provide one-stop sourcing purchasing agent service.
-China ProductsAssist You In Importing Products From Shunde Foshan China.