A kitchen cabinet is essential furniture in the kitchen. You cannot use your kitchen correctly without it. At present, China has become one of the most productive countries in the world; it is manufacturing world standard kitchen cabinets. However, Chinese cabinets for the kitchen are the best and useful for users.
The main reason for the demand is the best quality at a low cost. Maybe you might know China manufacturing industries reached their 40$ billion in total profit in 2017. It’s a remarkable achievement for them.
The major retailer store brand of America, like Williams-Sonoma, Raymour & Flanigan, Ashley furniture, and Ikea, are getting involved with China to expand its business by assembling work and production.
So when you buy from these mentioned brands, there is a chance you’ll be buying actually from Chinese production. But these countries sell their products by giving their brand name, although they mainly import from China.
However, you will find there are many cabinet manufacturers in Zhejiang, Shanghai, Guangdong, Jiangsu, and Shandong province of China. They offer different types of cabinets with different materials. The cost of the cabinets depends on several factors like size, design, articles, and many.
You need to know around everything before buying from China. Finding out a reliable source, better conducting with manufacturers or suppliers, bargaining with sellers all are most important before going to make a final purchase.
In this article, we’ve described everything about buying kitchen cabinets from China. Here, you’ll get a complete guideline that could be a knowledge hunting article for you.
Types of kitchen cabinets made in China
A lot of new buyers think first about what types of kitchen cabinet they will buy.
Even someone doesn’t know about the types, materials available in the market.
But before making a big decision, thinking for next buying is mandatory so that you don’t need to regret it in the future.
Make sure you know about the types of kitchen cabinet very well. In below, we’ve expressed the standards you should think for.
Shaker is the most common style in the world. It is generally consisted of five pieces of flat-panel, creating a frame with four parts, plus a single horizontal center panel as the fifth piece.
This design is trending as it has classic looks, or some are in contemporary and traditional looks.
Flat paneled doors with rail frames, durable construction with standard wood, and practical designs all features are commonly available Shaker cabinets.
It needs high-quality wood to make a Shaker type. Sometimes the production wood can be cherry, maple, hickory, and quarter sawn oak.
This type comes with horizontal slats along with a weighty price tag, designs in windows, furniture pieces, and interior doors. It can be a good selection as a unique style.
Louvered cabinet has more space than typical styled, and it needs ventilation. Because most louvered doors contain space between each slat.
3. Flat-panel or slab
It also named as slab cabinet doors; this standard styled in simple looks. This cabinet gives hard lines and uncluttered form and lacks any luxurious specifics. Looking at simple flat pane makes sense of an excellent fit for fashionable and modernity.
To make it, we need to apply different construction ways. Plus, the slab doors don’t belong to any frames. It’s simple solid slabs that reflect by name.
Insert cabinet comes with an inserted door set inside he cabinet frame instead of the outside frame. Each entry intended and built inaccurate measurements that ensure convenient open and close. But add kitchen cabinet and drawers are slightly pricy in the market place.
But it goes for a long time to have durable materials. You can customize as demand with beaded and non-beaded inserts. The beaded inset beaded is adjustable into the cabinet door itself.
But one thing requires remembering that the hinges of the cabinet should be exposed. Plus, you will need to use two straps for the per door in the insert style cabinet.
Those people fond of the antique kitchen, distressed, can be a careful selection for them. Distressed cabinets and drawers are especially perfect for making an antique sense. This type is obtainable from most of the manufacturers.
It comes in several door styles with the corner rubbed off, besides some other distressing design introduced it as a traditional feeling.
The breadboard is rows of vertical planks with indent or edges. It can offer more dynamic looks than the typical cabinets like flat kitchen cupboards. Its outlook of beads gives a perfect farmhouse cabinet looking or cottage style looking.
Once all the breadboard cabinet looks flawless to ample your cottage style kitchen, keep in mind that the cracks and splits on this style could be tough to taking care of and clean.
Thermofil kitchen cabinet garnished out of medium thickness fiberboard (MDF). Generally, its door is wrapped in a type of plastic coating, scorched under powerful heat to covered. This process of making makes the cabinet durable and cost-effective. Those have a low budget; this cabinet is a perfect choice.
Termafoil cabinet easy to take care of, it has low maintenance and moisture resistant, but a concern is they have miserable heat resistant capacity. That is why you should not place them nearest to heating sources like an oven. If you do so, then be careful about using it.
When you can’t find your preferred style, then turn back to your own creative choice. To do this, you can contact the local carpenter. I want to import from China; you might introduce with so many designers or manufacture who can give your expected design.
But applying custom design is rare because the producers always invent new models every day. People like the design as each design are different than others. Yet, when you expect something unique, ask your manufacturer. If you have demand on mobile home kitchen cabinets, may order custom.
Which materials are available for the kitchen cabinet?
So far, wood is the standard and best material for the kitchen cabinet. It is reliable and non-toxic and goes for an extended time.
You can renew it by polishing after a year gap. You can get it made with oak wood, hard maple, cherry, pine, hickory, and others.
It remains different textures, grains, and diverse colors like brown, black, cream kitchen cabinets, and white kitchen cabinets.
Each of the materials has individual variations; each variation generates a unique look separately. If you do regular cleaning, it can run for a long time.
But be careful not to consume commercial cleaners. This chemical decrease the furniture’s durability. The cabinet can make:
Laminates: Laminates are widely usable raw material gives contemporary texture, and it is durable and contains vibrant colors. These characteristics make the laminate suitable for best usage. You may get it within a low budget with great looks.
Wood veneers: Wood veneers are similar to laminates. Veneers are sheets or slices of solid wood used over a composite substrate. Therefore, the leaves require polishing to get the necessary texture and color.
It offers natural wood beauty. People hardly understand whether the cabinet formed with real wood or wood veneers. It comes in different brands AlishanPly, GreenPly, CenturyPly, and ArchidPly.
Two-pack: Two-pack reflected by high gloss appearance. Its flexible material applies to any door style or material surface. You can match with a perfect color wall at your house using two-pack materials. The classical lovers can choose this material to get a traditional appearance.
Black marine plywood: Generally, black marine plywood remains exposed edges to highlight an attractive design. Its pressed thin timber layers form crate a shiny entrance. This appearance outfits ultra-modern, or inner-city kitchen design. It is cost-effective and lifelong usability.
Particleboard: Particleboard generally is a low-density fiberboard. It produces with wood chips, sawmill shavings even sawdust, and a synthetic resin or apposite binder that is compelled and extruded. If you want within a low budget, the particle board would be the most excellent option.
Plywood: Plywood produced by thin layers or plies of wood veneer that compressed together with glue or adhesive. It planned from the family of production boards that comprise medium compactness fiberboard (MDF) and particle board or Chipboard.
Medium-density fiberboard: This type of board produces from breaking down hardwood or softwood oddment into wood fibers.
Almost several types of wood residuals sued to make the MDF board. When all the wood powder gets mixed, then it becomes stronger.
MDF is thicker than plywood.
As a denser board, it can be used in building materials and for the furniture application. That is also much denser than particle board. After making a cabinet or any furniture, there needs to polish with a specific machine that covers the original MDF color.
Solid wood: Solid wood indicates the woodcuts from a tree. The wood might come from different trees; each tree’s timbers are diverse. Some are better durable; some are lesser.
Cabinet or furniture, the cut timber requires ready to assemble cabinets with strong adhesive. After collecting the wood, it’s time for making furniture. Mostly, China manufacturer uses timber of :
- Ash tree
Aluminum: Though aluminum cabinet is less wanted. Yet it could be found somewhere. It has some extraordinary advantages like:
- Easily restoring
- Rust resistant
Stainless steel: It is a high-end material, especially for kitchen cabinet manufacturing. Stainless steel is easier to clean thoroughly, and a kitchen is a place that faces oil and smoke. That is why it becomes greasy in a short time. So the stainless steel is a good option. It also ensures the high-end rustic kitchen cabinets.
Though materials also important considerable things need to pay attention to it. But after finalizing the cabinet’s contents, there are many considerations. See the next chapter.
The 5 considerations you should remember before buying/importing kitchen cabinets?
Perhaps, you have bought your desired house, now needs to keep eyes on the kitchen as this is a food production house. Thus this space requires to be planned, tidy.
But, at this stage, people get stuck what they should inspect before making a final purchase.
If you don’t know what will be convenient for you, depending on having a budget, lifestyle, and taste, hopefully, this section must be supportive of you. Here, we focused on five essential things you have to think about buying a kitchen cabinet.
1. Expected Budget for Your Kitchen Cabinet
No one wants to expend more if he/she get a quality product in a low budget. There are five basics modules of the kitchen cabinet to consider the budget. Admittedly, these components will help you understand the best product within less amount.
Carcass: Did you get puzzled to hear carcass? Don’t worry; it means the storage of the kitchen cabinet. The maximum corpse is similar, and the color is white. The difference is visible in the door materials and finishing. Carcasses remain in the base, wall, drawers, and tall units.
Worktop: Generally worktop stand in a range of materials like as-
- Solid Surface
- High-Pressure Laminate (HPL)
Doors: The door price might be unlike according to the content and finishing like:
- Solid Wood
- Matt Lacquer
- High Gloss Lacquer
- Glass Door
2.Fitting and kitchen cabinet accessories
While choosing hardware and fitting, think of having multiple functions/options. Another thinkable thing is about durability; ye durability stands on right fittings and fixtures. Try to find out the companies who use premium quality hinges, drawers, and lighting. Know well about the following-
- Accessories – Tray, C Basket, Ironmongery
- Fittings – Sink & Tap, Drainer, Latches, Handles, and more.
- Hardware – Lift, Fold up and Gas Lift Up
Think for the device which is required to install on the cabinet. There are many kitchen appliances, such as ovens, stoves, hobs, microwave, dishwasher, and many more. The first step to select one that can be convenient to retain essential kitchen gadgets altogether.
2. Measure your space
Yes, this consideration is not negotiable at all until you confirm which size of the cabinet you need. It is necessary to think because many people regret after buying a kitchen cabinet except thinking about how much space he/she requires.
If you’re an importer or wholesaler, try to know which size of cabinet your customers demand. The demand for capacity sometimes varies in regions. After confirming for size, consult with your supplier. Assuredly, they’ll provide your preferred dimensions.
3. The components of the kitchen cabinet
Especially the front and side part is more visible of kitchen cabinet. These parts make impressions at first sight. However, not only these parts but also the other components are essential for enhanced improvement. Components have great importance to enlarge the cabinet’s qualities, which you can’t ignore anywise.
- Hinges: Hinges are part and parcel components for a kitchen cabinet. An expensive office could be ugly for using not standard hooks. There are a lot of hooks at the market, but you have to emphasis on quality.
Since they face pen and close thousands of times, they need to be sturdy. Steel, sift close fittings, and hidden hinges behind doors often identified as decent.
- Drawer’s glides: Drawer glides quality is a vital need to consider — steel under-mount and soft-close always ideal.
- Draw box: You can realize that the drawer materials and finishing are not the same as the outside panels. Manufacturers don’t care in this regard through this is not negotiable at all. You ought not to make a mistake while choosing cabinets for the kitchen.
For drawer boxes generally, the Laminate board and Melamine board are most usable almost by maximum producers. If you want another board for the drawer box, discus with your manufacture. Otherwise, there is a chance of getting a non-standard board.
- Kitchen layout
Well, the layout function of the kitchen often centers on the position of oven, sink, hob, and refrigerator. For utilizing full of your kitchen space, attempt to place these in a fantasy triangle with a minimum of 4 feet (1.2 meters) gap between every workspace. In below, there are five layout ideas-
- The I-shape: I-shape is suitable for a cozy or studio apartment. This plan lets you use every space without indulging in any single area.
- The gallery: If you dislike moving too much time and wish to get all elements within a small place, the gallery shape can be worthy for you.
- The L-shape: Those people like to move everywhere the kitchen easily between different areas, this kitchen layout can fill their desire.
- The u-shape: This shape is the most common style amount the world because it allows using maximum space. This shape can be fittest at the small or large kitchen, plus, whole like spend time with families; this layout enables them since it offers supreme cabinet counter space.
- L-shape with Island: This layout goes near to the L-shape plan. This layout makes a family-friendly environment too.
You never should compromise with the conditions of the kitchen cabinet. It’s rare for everyone to change the office after using a short time.
This behavior is expensive and painful too. For removing the chancing intention, try to get the best kitchen cabinet manufacturers who are reliable and have a positive record of supplying quality cabinets.
Find out companies who were rewarded and have a quality management certificate. This inspection ensures that they are producing quality products, committed to giving the best product continually.
Moreover, you can also consider the components they use from first to the last finishing because consuming the best manufacturing equipment and accessories impact on qualities.
On the other hand, check the interior of cabinets, mostly the interior should be non-porous, wipe-cleaned durable enough so that it doesn’t lose its glossy looks by getting scratching. It is discussing with manufacture can relief you from such kinds of worries.
Since they possibly never break their commitment whatever they promised during dealing with you. If you don’t discuss well, there is a chance they might give less importance to specific things. In total, ask them for superiority.
Judgment between Chinese cabinet and American Cabinet
The Chinese and American cabinet both are demanding, but from the last couple of years, the Chinese kitchen cabinets have broken out its previous record of selling.
China’s manufacturer is more determined to manufacture a world standard cabinet, and it can be used almost in every country.
Nevertheless, Chinese and American kitchen cabinets mainly comparable with:
Besides, from the American kitchen cabinet, the Chinese kitchen cabinet belongs more advantageous. They have additional functions and sturdiness. A kitchen cabinet can make in different ways, but it’s not essential as essential to know where the cabinet is making.
Chinese and American manufactures both follow different technologies for production. Yet both countries also use different materials.
Wood is the most needed raw material of the cabinet. China and America manufacturer has a subtle difference in the forest. They select wood depending on availability.
Indeed the Chinese cabinet mostly made from plywood. The American kitchen cabinet is from particleboard. From the durability and weight, plywood is better than particleboard.
- Plywood: Plywood is a board of multiple layers compressed. Necessarily, maximum Chinese RTA cabinets and semi-custom cabinets manufactured of plywood. Plywood is better than particle board because it has the most significant downside. Plus, some kinds peel off or gets enfolded.
- Particleboard: Particle boars come from wood shavings and sawdust or non-wood plant debris. The debris can be straw, sugarcane, wheat straw, etc. All thermo pressed with adhesive or glue.
As particle board is less standard, most American RTA cabinets and semi-custom cabinets are produced of particleboard. Also, particleboard is inexpensive than plywood.
You should know when the china kitchen cabinet made of particleboard. During shipping time, the suppliers send it with plywood boxing. The reason usually particleboard cannot endure high humidity, can’t go to an extended period. This kind of issue is significant because the shipping mainly sends by sea.
On the other hand, importing particle board cabinet from China is very rare. China continuously prioritizes on qualities. Though the particle cabinet will not be shipping by sea, a risk is the cabinets would be shabby within a few using years.
- Medium-density fiberboard (MDF): MDF or medium-density fiberboard comes from small fibers thermo pressed together. MDF is more usable for many Chinese RTA cabinet, even American cabinets. It is cheaper than typical solid wood and extra denser than plywood.
It contains overwhelm surfaces, the superb screw holding power, and cleaner edges. If you love MDF to make sure you have gotten cabinets of MDF from Chinese warehouse and productions.
- Solid wood: No other materials of cabinets is as best as solid wood. Though they are expensive but confirm for long-lasting, solid wood is powerful to give any shapes. Even you can use them for terracotta design or custom furniture. Mainly the Asian people are using solid wood as they like supplementary designs on every furniture.
In America, many carpenter or makers use solid wood while they will ask to craft on furniture. Those customers want to craft then they want to pay extra money both for solid timber and crafting.
Don’t think solid wooden furniture only best for durability; it ensures elegant looking and fundamentally beautiful. There are some specific wood can make excellent kitchen cabinets like oak, cherry, birch hard maple, pine, ash, and hickory.
No doubt that the construction quality of most of the American cabinet is outstanding. But you’ll be surprised maximum Americans furniture seller import from China. In detail, the American manufacturer runs their production and assembling in China.
Finally, they import to their country after labeling from China. So, it’s clear the leading production house of American furniture brand standing on Chinese production. Besides, those buy kitchen cabinets or other furniture from America; possibly, they will ultimately get Chinese production. Moreover, Chines production means the same construction quality as the Chinese RTA cabinets.
Once again, the production procedures vary by one by one. Yet pay attention to the following points when the time for inspecting overall construction. Check the following during buying from China and the U.S.
- An ideal cabinet box has the front to back, side to side support to steady. You have to check these features.
- All woodworking joints should be tight enough so that the bones are stronger enough. Even they keep stronger at the time of transporting.
- A cabinet made with a few boards or wooded pieces; in this stage look, every piece screwed strongly altogether. If there is any glued area, check whether the gluing area is adequately tight.
- The doors and drawers boxes both for the underside and insert panel are sufficient thicker.
- Frames and beam should be consistently good conditioned.
- The face frames have to be detained together with pocket screws instead of humidity and tendon joints.
Finishing is the most delicate task of furniture; it doesn’t matter the furniture could be a kitchen cabinet too. Well, coating and finishing create a mind-blowing appearance of the kitchen cabinet. Further, it also enriches the outlook of a kitchen.
From the customers/importer’s feedback, China is the best production house of kitchen cabinet for maintaining superior grade coating than American made. The two-part polyurethane is available on the Chinese imported kitchen cabinets from China, whether the American cabinet doesn’t have.
Further, maximum U.S cabinets have lacquer or conversion varnish finish; both lacquer and conversion lacquer have coatings low-grade to 2K polyurethane.
Necessarily, there are numerous finishes in the market like laminates, membrane foils, acrylic and polymer, and many more. Acrylic and laminate are standard finishes; theta is different according to aesthetics, toughness, and value.
- Acrylic finishes: It is usually non-toxic, reflective high gloss coating that makes a smoother look on cabinets. It works like a mirror. Your reflection would be visible by Acrylic finishes.
- Laminate finishes: A laminate finishes is an artificial varnish. It completed from thin layers of flat paper and plastic resins. The top layer printed by using a decorative design and color.
Usually, Acrylic is superior to the upper part of the cabinets. You may perceive verities types of Chinese cabinets coated with unlike varnish or can order as expected.
Things you need to know before importing kitchen cabinet from China
Well, possibly, when you are planning to import anything from China, you need to dive into more information before introducing a cabinet for the kitchen from China.
This clearance will remove your hesitation, whether you will import.
We’ve described this section with eight things you want to perceive so that you get involved with Chinese business quietly.
1. Things first why you should import from china?
Though this is a common query, it wants to be precise. If you’re a new and unproven importer, then China is a perfect place for you.
Importing from here can expand your small business. You will get a world standard cabinet, even every niche from here at a lower price. Let’s know more why we prioritize China.
- China is the world’s biggest export country from 2009, able to supply every kind of product and raw materials.
- China estimated 1.904$ trillion in 2013 by exporting that indicates the remarkable exporting achievement.
- China can provide the best product at a low price than another country in the world.
2. Find your expected products
Maybe you have fixed your demanding cabinet. If you change the selected products, no chance of not getting the changing products. As you know, China works with thousands of products.
People from different countries are importing massive kinds of products every year; even many importers are getting involved day by day. It’s an incredible revolution for China. More tips on product selection.
- A portable item charges the lower cost of shipping. Plus, small sizes also decrease the rate of transport.
- Pick additional products with the targeted niche by thinking about what your customer demand besides the main imported products, why they will like the item, etc.
- If you belong to a small business, then you can think for 10$-200$ range. It’s advantageous because you can do further importing after realizing what your customers behave on your products. Once they pay interest, then import in a large lot.
3. More comfortable to contact with suppliers
Although most people show interest in Chinese importing, they often get back behind for lacking adequate knowledge of contacting suppliers.
You will find them online. About maximum suppliers are joining online to expand their business. It’s refreshing to search for them online. We’ll discuss how to search for suppliers below.
4. Know well with whom you are working?
Once finished of searching suppliers of the cabinet of the kitchen, it’s time to investigate the suppliers. However, you need to realize how they are presenting them and how they are getting clients. Besides, knowing their previous record is also vital. You should –
- Check their website to identify whether they work with a board range of products.
- Check out what is their minimum order quantity (MOQ). If they notice they accept the order in a low amount, possibly they are trading companies because factories take a large number of requests.
- Check out on profile in Alibaba. Know details year of establishing, where is there manufacturing area, what wood or board they use for making cabinets, audit reports, have any production license, ISO certification, and customer feedback.
5. Never wish for the lowest price
Choosing useful items at the lowest price is respectable, but selecting the less standard item at a cheap rate is not a careful selection. You have to take some challenges when dealing directly with the supplier.
- Language issue: Many factories in China have a lack of communication in the English language though they are continuously increasing their communication skills.
So prioritize the supplier who can discuss in your mother tongue or English as the third language.
- High order quantity: This is important because those suppliers accept a high amount of order. They emphasize excellent production.
That is why an acceptable order supplier could be new low or started his business newly, which means little experience. But you can discuss wee to achieve precise production.
- Independency of better inspection: Remember that you have inspected your produced item, whether that is okay or not. The supplier should permit you to check your ordered products before payment.
- Get samples before making a final order: Yes, it’s most important to see an example before placing an order.
- Confirm when you’ll get delivery: Surely, you have a schedule of getting delivered. Talk to the supplier when he would provide.
But not to ask speedy delivery lest you should lose quality’s guarantee. Let taking sufficient time for a value production.
6. Don’t be attracted to the inexpensive offer
The supplier may offer you hundreds of cabinet samples to get the order from you. They’ll seduce you frequently, but be careful for not falling into their offer’s trap. Further, the cheaper option usually not bad always. But accepting an offer after research, the products are decent.
7. Choose a convenient shipment method
Nowadays, shipment is not any matter, especially from China. There are various options for delivery you can adopt. Yet few shipment methods have different tasks than each other.
In total, the way you’ll take should be convenient for you. Convenient means timing, cost, security, and many more. Below, some considerations might be helpful.
- Regular post: Samples and products under 2Kg take 2-5 weeks to ship at the rate of 15 USD. This is the best option of shipment.
- Sea freight: Using Seaport is the best option, especially for shipping kitchen cabinet. Though it takes almost 3-9 weeks sure to get products in front of the door, it also needs certification for clearance.
- Airfreight: If you adopt this method, you have to complete appropriate documentation before taking up at the airport. Larger than 300KG, USD 5-10/kg. 2-10 days, also have a weight limit.
- Express courier: Goods under 20 Kg takes 2-5 business days at a rate of USD 50/kg. This method will ship to your door.
The above shipment procedures are suitable for each, unlike products. Yet it depends on your preference. But choosing the shipping method according to the times, cost, products is trustworthy.
8. Try to work as the contract described
The contract paper is the primary and initial document. It binds importer and supplier in an order. So it should not neglect at all. Every activity of order runs according to the paper was written.
Besides, it ensures the professionalism of importing and exporting. It should have clear outlines. The outline should have terms and conditions of business. Add the essential things to the paper to avoid future confusion.
How and where can we find the Chinese kitchen cabinet manufactures?
Finding out an excellent Chinese kitchen cabinet manufacture is not so tight and not so easy.
If you will be an experienced, then looking the best manufacture would be easier for you.
After finding out them, the next step is dealing; successful dealing depends on how did you research on the manufacturer or supplier.
However, if you feel pain looking forward to a producing company.
Then you can rely on a guidance company that will guide you to pick the superior items. Otherwise, you can find yourself via:
- Trade show
- Sourcing agents
- Furniture manufacturing bases
Alibaba.com is the most suitable platform from where people get their resellers, sourcing agents, traders, and manufacturers from different companies. It is the world’s largest e-commerce platform, where every kind of product obtainable. If you are a new buyer or importer, Alibaba might seem critical to you.
Is Alibaba safe to use?
As Alibaba is an online directory marketplace, there may arise badly along with good traders. As you know, for a new person, this platform might seem dangerous. So it’s better to know what is doing and how to get actual manufacture correctly. Every day thousands of business dealing has been organizing by it. Thus, you have to be tricky to find your expected suppliers.
While searching for any product suppliers on Alibaba, do filtering the mentioned results.
- Trade Assurance
- Gold Supplier
- Assessed Supplier
This filtration would allow you to get the safest suppliers in your search result
- Trade Assurance: Trade assurance suppliers transact a payment via a third party. In detail, both you and the supplier selected a third party who will release payment from you to the supplier. But until you don’t get your delivery correctly.
If you don’t get the required item, the third party won’t pay for the dealing. That is more secure, whether relief a supplier and buyer from payment anxiety.
- Gold supplier: It is a way of finding suppliers on Alibaba by exclusive membership. This way emphasis on supplier’s reliability. Moreover, all the suppliers from the private group are honest and ethical.
You will gather a remarkable experience with this membership. Be sure how many years have they been working when choosing a good dealer.
- Assessed Supplier: Assessed supplier is most famous for excellent filtration. It means a third party has inspected the supplier you have chosen and their product qualities and facilities.
Assessed suppliers continue attending trade shows, robust sales performance, and reliable company profiles. Thy never espouses ant false information; they’re prohibited from practicing business wrongly.
2. Trade show
The trade show is the perfect place to meet Chinese suppliers directly. The Canton Fair in Guangzhou where attended 60,000 booths from 200 countries. Can you imagine how much substantial business participation this is! So you may settle yourself to catch large manufactures of China here.
The place where the biggest Chinese furniture fairs held:
- China International Furniture Expo (Shanghai, September)
- China International Integrated Custom House Expo (Beijing, September)
- China International Furniture Fair (Shanghai, September)
- China International Furniture Fair (Guangzhou, March)
The way of getting Chinese’s manufacture by trade fairs
If you wish to join any Chines trade show fair, try to look forward to top events happening around the state. The festivals commonly are Canton fair; it’s a china import and export fair.
China Yiwu International Commodities Fair, Bauma fair, and Shanghai import and export Commodity fair. Let’s know in detail.
- Canton Fair: This fair typically held twice in a year in Guangzhou. It is already the biggest national fair featured by approximately 60,000 booths. They’re offering thousands of quality products. Even you will find products from electronics to automobiles.Enormous numbers of visitors from 200 countries visit this fair every year. It happens in the spring season from April to May. The second event held from October to November.
- Yiwu trade fair: It’s a permanent trade fair held for targeting small buyers/importers from around the world. The buyer search here wholesale kitchen cabinets China at cheap rates. Here approximately 70,000 booths attend over 100,000 sellers from thousands of Chinese productions. It held in October at Yiwu city.
- Bauma fair: This is the world’s biggest construction trade fair where construction industry machinery, equipment, and building materials exhibited. You probably know China has the world’s largest construction capacity.
Thus Bauma fair is most famous for international constructing related traders. It frequently held twice every two years in November by the presence of over 200,000 people from multiple regions of the world.
- Shanghai Import and export commodity fair: It is a leading regional fair in China state. There are clothes, textiles, gifts, art, and other consumer goods available. Over 35,000 buyer and importer around the world gather here to pick their products. You can attend in March month of a year.
3. Sourcing Agents
Finding manufactures by sourcing agents has to become popular into importer who wants to import from China. A sourcing agent can relief you from doing every essential importing tasks until shipment.
That is useful while you don’t have enough time. Many importers ask a sourcing agent so that they only can receive their ordered products from his own country. They do-
- Search and manage orders of RTA cabinets
- Review kitchen cabinet’s potentiality
- Inspect the quality control that that importer ordered the supplier
The internal procedures of importing all done by the sourcing agent whom he assigned. That is also secure because the agent search manufacture, check consistency, check item after getting delivery finally pay.
As an example, imagine you don’t want to search and deal with any supplier. If you seem the entire importing procedures are complicated, then you can consult with a sourcing agent. He will find a production house, talk about quality.
You don’t need to go here and there physically. A sourcing agent takes all the responsibilities from sourcing to final shipment. It is common for a new importer whore unknown how to do and what to do.
Thus taking help from an agent is secure, beneficial, and tricky. Because manufacturers might demand more amount of production than the actual rate. You can consider an agent since you do not know about the kitchen cabinets price you’re going to order.
4. Furniture manufacturing ground
You already know China is the world’s largest furniture exporter in the world. The china furniture association (CNFA) quotes 45 furniture industrial bases in the country. If you are keen to buy or import kitchen cabinet from China, you should know the five most prominent manufacturing regions of the Chinese state.
- Bohai Sea Rim
- Pearl River Delta
- Northeast China
- Southwest China
- Yangtze River Delta
Without Southwest China bases, the other four are experts to deal with domestic and aboard exporting. Southwest mainly covers the local market.
Bohai sea rim: This area is well known for covering domestic needs. Bohai sea rim, an improved furniture manufacturing bunch, were a lot of resources available. It covers –
Pearl River delta
You will find plentiful labor resources from the Pearl River Delta base. That is the most extensive furniture industrial base in China. This base contains one-third of Chinese furniture production value. A large number comes from U.S. Ordinarily Pearl river focus on:
Northwest China: This is not far from plenty of solid wood furniture. Here, we may find a large number of collections and wood resources. Those want a stable wood industry; they can choose this area undoubtedly. Northwest Asia and Europe countries mainly get their supply from here. Northwest covers-
Southwest China: It also covers its domestic needs like the Bohai sea rim. It covers-
Yangtze River delta: This area can manufacture furniture so fast. You may get high-quality products and standard companies who can produce new items. About one tried of furniture output value occurs here, and most are coming from Europe, the U.S, and Canada. It covers:
How to choose Chines kitchen cabinet manufactures?
Well, we hope you have learned where to find out China kitchen cabinet manufactures. Nevertheless, the second concern is thinking about how to choose a Chinese kitchen cabinet.
Honesty, you’ll get many manufactures, but everything won’t be suitable for you.
Some can provide a predictable item; some can give little. It doesn’t matter to get one supplier who has the full ability to supplying your desired products.
In this section, you’re going to learn the considerations of choosing the best manufacture.
1. Cost of kitchen cabinets
Price is the initial thinking of buying China kitchen cabinets. That is because while you buy at an exact rate, there needs to have consistency between your buying and selling rate. Of course, you’ll not sell your products below the buying rate.
You must keep a profit for each item, and this is called the business. But the problem arises hugely when you purchase at more rate, but can’t sell even keeping lower profits. So cost impacts hugely on importing. However, wholesales are different from retail pricing.
You know buying wholesale kitchen cabinets from China direct is beneficial and cost-effective too. Try to remember when dealing with a sourcing agent. He can help you reduce overheads and enlarge your bottom line. You have to keep holding the tongue of extra costs.
2. MOQ or Minimum order quantity
Though you’ve known about MOQ above. The second appearance is for clarifying in detail. A minimum order quantity set by manufacturing companies. The generally small size of the item has higher MOQ. Oppositely the more prominent question has lower MOQ. Try to get someone who can give you the quantity you require.
3. Project support
Don’t forget to check whether a company has a customer support facility. Will fall in any trouble, the supporting system will assist you to get a solution. Be sure if they have customer support or call service facility so that they can contact them in wants time.
At present, many Chinese companies are assigning an employee who is an expert both in English speaking and writing. Some of them assigned to receiving customer calls to give a solution. Though this facility was rare before a decade.
4. Quality control
You can’t ignore the importance of quality control. There are several ways of controlling the quality of the chines kitchen cabinet by suppliers.
Find out the manufacture those have truth production software and originality resource arrangement to complete all orders correctly. That is essential for classification each panel with a matching QR code for tracking seamlessly, this need.
5. Design method and measurement
That isn’t sure whether you will always want the same design; the importing kitchen cabinet should have variety among them. If you require unique design, then prioritize the manufacturer who has the skill of giving different looks.
Typically the kitchen cabinet, which manufactures in China, all comes with 2D and 3D design. Yet if you require your design, ask your supplier as an orderly condition. Sending the kitchen floor plan could be more understandable both for you and the manufacturing company.
6. Industrial competences
Checking industrial competences or manufacturing abilities badly needed before the finalize order contract. You can forecast their capability of production by asking some queries –
- How long they’re in business in kitchen cabinets making business industry?
- What they do while they break any term and conditions unwillingly?
- Has the enterprise established pathway record?
- Who has worked with the company before?
- What are their raw materials?
- Have they any certification on the running company?
- Have they refunded the policy if they didn’t get the actual item?
- Was the company awarded for any achievement, etc.?
Moreover, many Chinese manufacturers capable of providing around 5,000-10,000 units of kitchen cabinets per month. This vast production is possible only for using different production lines, piercing to PVC taping, varnishing to weed.
7. Times of getting the order
The ordered products may delay reaching your kitchen cabinet outlet for any production or natural causes. However, be sure when the possible time of receiving a request from the production house.
Since China deals thousands of cabinets order per month, it has a strong production line handling capacity. But confirming possible period relief, you thinking of arrival.
How to choose which cabinet would be best?
After understanding all about kitchen cabinets, now you have to finalize which one would be a worthy choice for you. There are many kinds of kitchen cabinets, according to materials, design, and durability.
The new importer often gets puzzled to identify the best item. We’ve garnished this section with some consideration that allows you to get the most beautiful cabinets from China.
1. Try to know what type of kitchen floor you have
The kitchen floor helps to determine the standards of the cabinet by size, function, and budget. The level gives a concept of looking when a cabinet inhabits space.
RTA cabinets of China stand on various sizes, which can be fittest almost on every kitchen floor. It is fully customizable and usually remains in a semi-custom format. Therefore, the importer can ask the supplier for customized size.
2. Confirm about the usage and sizes of kitchen cabinet
According to the user’s needs, the cabinet comes in different sizes like base cabinet, wall cabinet, and tall cabinet. Each one has, unlike usability. Some have little or some have more internal space and functionalities.
Be sure about the demand for your customers. Do they want to keep many things inside the cabinet, what they want to stay in the cabinet? Necessarily, importing items should be selected depending on consumer demand.
- Base cabinet: Base cabinet install directly on the floor. It comes with features of countertops, ranges, sinks, microwaves, and dishwashers.
|Without countertops base kitchen cabinet sizes|
|34-1/2”||Standard height (no counters)|
|24”||Standard depth (no counters)|
|12”, 18”, 24”, 30”, 33”, 36”, 48.”||Standard width|
|3” to 4-1/2”||Standard toe kick height|
|3”||Standard toe kick depth|
|35” to 36.”||Standard height (with counters)|
|25” to 26.”||Standard depth (with counters)|
|12”, 18”, 24”, 30”, 33”, 36”, 48.”||Standard width|
|3” to 4-1/2”||Standard toe kick height|
|3”||Standard toe kick depth|
Wall cabinet: Wall cabinet makes a charming look in a kitchen. Inside it, small kitchen utensils, food ingredients are kept. To install this cabinet, the ceiling height should be reflected. Its available sizes.
|Sizes of wall cabinet|
|12”, 15”, 18”, 30” 36”, 42”, 48.”||Standard height|
|12” to 24.”||Standard depth|
|12” to 36.”||Standard width|
|18”||Height hung above countertop/base cabinet|
|15”||Height hung above countertop/base cabinet (relatively accessible)|
Tall kitchen cabinet: Tall cabinets are often called pantry cabinet in the kitchen cabinet sets industry. These types can sometimes be seen in the laundry room too. This is the considerable height from floor to ceiling.
|Tall Pantry Cabinet Sizes|
|84” to 96.”||Standard height|
|12” to 24.”||Standard depth|
|12” to 36.”||Standard width|
|Tall Oven Cabinet Sizes|
|80”, 90” and 96.”||Standard height|
|30” to 36.”||Standard width|
3. Think for materials and shipping
You do not confirm whether all used materials are excellent. It could be the wood or plywood only good, but hinges, screws, chain hinges are not a good standard. Yes, this ordinary matter that you have to be sure. In maximum time, when place order, talk to your supplier for giving standard materials.
Of course, you have to pay more while you want everything should come to maintaining quality. Generally, the semi-custom type is more expensive than RTA from China. Similarly, made with wood is slightly more costly than other materials.
One more thing, you want to be sure about the shipping process from China though the details have described above in this article. Talk to your manufacturer about shipping procedures; they must guide you on what to do.
4. Know the classification of kitchen cabinet
The kitchen cabinet comes in different variations. Choose the model depending on what your customer want. Somewhere the model’s demand is unlike.
|Cost||Budget||Mid-range||Expensive (but varies)|
|Construction||Preset sizes||Factory-built for individual layouts||Built for individual layouts|
|Choices||Limited||Slight limited (but varies)||No limits|
|Customization||Little to no customization||Custom modifications in 1” increments, modular storage solutions||Fully customized to customer’s specifications|
|Availability||Anytime||4 to 12 weeks||6 to 16 weeks|
|Quality||Low (but varies)||Medium (but varies)||High (but varies)|
|Warranty||Limited||Limited||Depends on builder|
Let’s know individually about the types of cabinet.
Stock RTA cabinet: It is good to use. It doesn’t matter this style can be American or Chinese, but it has less style, color option, trip option, accessories. For a standard shape, it is quite good.
Semi-stock Cabinets: This style allows the customer to add some design according to the requirement of space and appearance. Several people consume solid wood frame and face frame around the drawers. Someone can modify its size, finishing, hood covers.
Custom cabinet: Customers order it. If you wish for unique, more stylish, and features, then custom kitchen cabinets are perfect for you. Chin manufacture takes order for custom sizes and features too.
5. The parts of a kitchen cabinet
A kitchen cabinet not only a piece of wood or board, but it is also made with multiple components and materials. However, a perfect kitchen should arrive with some most important elements, such as:
- Doors: Made of Solid wood or plywood panels. These materials are the best.
- Drawers: Perfect drawers have slid wood with plywood bottom. Clipped particle board at the bottom is not beautiful.
- Hardware: Soft sound fewer hinges, sturdier scatter are decent hardware. Avoid the straps get stuck, and make a rough sound while opening and closing.
- Shelves: A seamless cabinet shelves should make with ¾ inches plywood. Particleboard can be used with a minimum of 5/8-1/2 inches.
- Mounting Strips: Mounting strips are imperative parts of a cabinet. That is why it should be a minimum of ¾ inches of wood or metal with bolt holes. Evade thinner wood, MDF, and particle board if use solid woody cabinet.
6. Decide for an outstanding design
When all the above thought is selected, then times for thinking a beautiful design. If you have any unique design idea, you can share it with manufacture.
It can give your manufacture a whole idea of essential things like a space sheet, wall, and base, front frame, connectors, cabinet interiors, door frame, hinges, shelves, drawer box, etc. This requirement sample helps the manufacture understanding what you exactly want.
The problem may arise during importing kitchen cabinet from China
Although importing from China is easier but you might have introduced some problems.
Don’t worry at all, the problems are not crucial you can overcome simply.
Problem with the delivery time
Often delivery time could be the first issue during importing from china. There are multiple reasons to deliver timing issues.
- First of all, the Chinese New Year vacation has a significant impact on the delivery schedule. As a result, manufacturing companies and shipping lines also keep their activities stop for a holiday.
- In December, a checkup is run for a week, even to a month as a working environmental review.
- Distance from the production house to the importer warehouse also has a significant impact on delivery delay. It may take a minimum of 1 month to reach your country. Sometimes the delivery is completed within a week and month.
Problem of quality
Only quality issues won’t be a headache; the quality of another product can disturb you too. However, before shipment, try to inspect manufactured items very thoroughly. If found any trouble of class, get solve from the supplier.
Sometimes, when you are not in China but you have a sourcing agent or quality checking inspector hen get help from them. They will inspect the quality of the potential.
The problem of non-complying dealers
We’re not saying all Chinese manufacturer works honestly with you. Often their production process makes a doubtful situation. In detail, the environmental protection agency discourages to use sulfur, lead, and formaldehyde in the cabinet.
Because these substances are hazardous and contain toxic, that are harmful to the human body. So, to avoid such danger, inspect the environmental compliance certificates from your cabinet manufacturers.
Frequently asked question and answer – FAQ
1. Are China cabinets out of style?
Answer: Not at all, the Chinese kitchen cabinet is always stylish. China can provide your unique style too.
2. What is the average cost to reface kitchen cabinets?
Answer: Approximately, plastic, and rigid Thermo foil (RTF) laminate charge starts from $500 to $1,000. More durable wood veneers begin from $1,600 to $3,200. Cherry, Maple, and Oak are the priciest at $13 to $27 each board foot.
3. Should I exchange my kitchen cabinets or reface them?
Answer: Replacing is a significant investment. Consult your realtor to get the best suggestion.
4. Where do you put knobs and handles on kitchen cabinets?
Answer: The drawers should have the handle or knob should have in the center.
5. Does China change its shipping cost?
Answer: China often changes their shipping cost. Even if you see value in the current week, may see the different price at the next week as the cost re changing rapidly.
6. What is the peak season of Chinese trading?
Answer: The peak season is mainly in the second half of a year, mostly begin from August to October. The second one is in January month to the first week of February.
7. How and when should I pay customs fees?
Answer: It depends on Chinese custom authorities for when they should pay. Besides, the paying process generally could be by wire transfer and credit card.
8. Why is the Chinese kitchen cabinet the best?
Answer: Because China uses the world’s first-class material that ensures quality, durability, and cost effeteness.
9. Is it reasonable to import a kitchen cabinet from China for the first time?
Answer: Chinese manufactures always welcome you to deal with them. As you’re new, thus they will support you to understand every portion of the product importing process.
Kitchen cabinet case pictures
Now It’s Your Turn
Did you learn something new from this complete guideline?
Did you perceive knowledge about Kitchen Cabinet And Importing From China?
Or if you have any questions, leave a comment below right now.
We’ll love to hear from you.